I noticed a few people reflecting in the past year, and the resolutions that will most likely end up in the bin after a week of writing them.
I honestly can’t remember what I wrote at the beginning of the year, but I look to 2013 with a prayerful attitude. There are so many goals/resolutions I want to make or promise. But I can’t.
I feel 2013 will be a year if firsts:
1) We’re moving into a HOUSE! Thanks to God!!! Happy Dance!! My husband and I are currently in the process of moving from our small two bedroom unit to a lovely three bedroom house!! Incidentally, it’s a great time of the year to rent (yeah, we can’t afford to buy just yet) as everyone is thinking about the holidays for some reason. Of course! Christmas has just come and gone, and the New Year is around the corner, forgive me for forgetting, I’ve got boxes coming out of my ears. This will be the sixth time we’ve moved since we’ve been married. We’ve been married five years.
2) Family plans – we want to start a family, and we really pray 2013 will be it. Our parents are currently in denial of becoming grandparents, so we want to really make them feel old. Teehee
3) Vegetable garden – sounds silly, but I want to live in a place where I can get into nature and create a garden.
4) Darkroom – yep, I’m hoping/determined to turn an outside storage space (at this new place)into a photography darkroom. Excited. 😄
5) Tattoo. I’ve wanted one for ages, and I finally have a design that I’m happy with.
Yeah, so the above are possible and happening.
I hope everyone has a great new year. Unfortunately, I won’t be spending mine relaxing. So whilst you throw another one on the barbie, I’ll be throwing (not literally) another box of crap (um precious keepsakes) into our spare room which is starting to look like a mini city of skyscrapers. But I’m excited to move into our new place!!! Praises to God and His blessings!